What Is A DSEAR Risk Assessment?
Dangerous substances can put peoples’ safety at risk. The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR) puts the duty on employers to protect employees from the risks caused to their safety in the workplace, as well as members of the public who may be at risk as a result of the work activity. A DSEAR risk assessment can help to ensure the safety of your staff.
Our DSEAR risk assessment service includes:
- Finding out what dangerous substances are in your workplace, and what the risks are from them
- Recommending what control measures you need to put in place to either remove those risks or control them i.e. equipment and protective systems
- Informing you about the types of controls you can put in place to reduce the effects of any incidents involving dangerous substances
- Preparing plans and procedures for you to deal with accidents, incidents and emergencies involving dangerous substances, should they arise
- Making sure your employees are properly informed about and trained to control or deal with the risks from dangerous substances
- Identifying and classifying areas of your workplace where explosive atmospheres may occur and avoid ignition sources in those areas
Call our team today on 0161 785 2000 for a free consultation.